Postdoctoral Scientist (m/w/d) Formulation and characterization of virus-based ATMPs
Coriolis Pharma is a globally operating independent service provider for formulation research and development of for a large variety of different (bio)pharmaceutical molecules, including proteins, peptides, nucleic acids, advanced medicinal therapeutics (ATMPs), genetically modified organisms (GMOs), vaccines and virus(-like) particles. An interdisciplinary team of highly qualified scientists with many years of experience in the development of (bio)pharmaceuticals supported by an expert scientific advisory board provides cutting-edge service and know-how related to the formulation development of biopharmaceuticals. At our company, we pursue one goal every day: the advancement of medicines to cure people. Our expanding company currently employs about 140 people at two sites.
As a Postdoctoral Scientist you will work on the following tasks:
- Conduct research in the field of formulation and characterization for virus-based advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs), including liquid and freeze-dried formulation studies, stability studies and stress testing of virus formulations
- Establish protocols and perform analytical characterization of viruses, viral vectors and vaccines from nanometer to the visible size range by using cutting edge technology, e.g. dynamic light scattering (DLS), transmission electron microscopy (TEM), flow imaging microscopy, analytical ultracentrifugation and other methods
- Establish protocols and perform cell-based assays to quantify biological activity of viruses (e.g. TCID50, plaque assay)
- Establish protocols and perform Real-time PCR (qPCR) assays to quantify physical virus titers
- Project planning, project coordination, experimental work (evaluation and implementation of analytical methods), reporting, and communication within the project team
- Generate scientific output of the project (publications, posters, presentations) and participation at international conferences
- Be a trendsetter, drive innovation and further strengthen our analytical expertise with focus on virus formulations
- PhD degree in Life Sciences (virology, biotechnology, pharmacy, pharmaceutical sciences, (bio)chemistry, immunology, or related field)
- Strong background and profound knowledge in virology, and/or the field of ATMPs, and/or work with viruses, viral vectors and vaccines are mandatory
- Experience in working under biosafety level 2 (BSL2)
- Experience in particle characterization and/or handling of cells is a plus
- High interest in scientific work on a pharmaceutically relevant topic performed in a collaborative setting
- Ability for critical thinking and implementation of scientific ideas into practice
- Open for new ideas and tasks, high willingness to learn - hands on mentality
- Team player with strong motivation, inter-personal skills and excellent communication abilities
What we offer you
As Postdoctoral Scientist, you will join a highly motivated, interdisciplinary team performing contract research and development for customers from the (bio)pharmaceutical industry worldwide.
We offer you diversified and challenging areas of responsibilities in our innovative company. We actively support your personal development and the realization of your own ideas, i.e. specialization on management or scientific tasks. Beyond that Coriolis offers a variety of benefits and team activities to its employees.
Please, visit our website for further information: www.coriolis-pharma.com