Junior Scientist (m/w/d) – Cell culture, viral vectors and cell/virus -based ATMPS
Coriolis Pharma is a globally operating independent service provider for formulation research and development of for a large variety of different (bio)pharmaceutical molecules, including proteins, peptides, nucleic acids, ATMPs, GMOs, vaccines and virus(-like) particles. An interdisciplinary team of highly qualified scientists with many years of experience in the development of (bio)pharmaceuticals supported by an expert scientific advisory board provides cutting-edge service and know-how related to the formulation development of biopharmaceuticals. At our company, we pursue one goal every day: the advancement of medicines to cure people. Our expanding company currently employs about 140 people at two sites.
As a Junior Scientist, you will join a highly motivated, interdisciplinary team performing contract research and development for customers from the (bio) pharmaceutical industry worldwide.
- Support project teams in formulation development projects for virus-based advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs), including liquid and/or freeze-dried (pre)formulation studies, stability studies and stress testing of virus formulations
- Support project teams in analytical characterization of viruses, viral vectors and vaccines from nanometer to the visible size range by using cutting edge technology (e.g. dynamic light scattering, micro-flow imaging, nanoparticle tracking analysis, TEM, cell-based assays…)
- Plan and perform routine cell culture work and cell-based assays to quantify biological activity of viruses (e.g. TCID50, plaque assay)
- Perform data analysis and support reporting activities
- Internal discussion of data within the project team
- Participation in meetings, also with our international customers
- System ownership of analytical equipment (e.g. maintenance activities)
- University degree in Life Sciences (virology, biotechnology, pharmacy, (bio)chemistry, chemical engineering, biology etc.)
- Experience in the fields of cell culture and work with viruses, viral vectors and vaccines
- Experience in working under biosafety level 2 (BSL2)
- Team player with strong motivation, inter-personal skills and excellent communication abilities (English is a must)
- Open for new ideas and tasks, high willingness to learn
What we offer you
We offer you diversified and challenging areas of responsibilities in our innovative company. As a Junior Scientist you’ll become part of a highly motivated, interdisciplinary team to work and share ideas with. We actively support your personal development (technical, scientific and personal skills) especially by training on relevant techniques for characterization of biopharmaceuticals. Beyond that Coriolis offers a variety of benefits and team activities to its employees.
Please, visit our website for further information: www.coriolis-pharma.com