Junior Scientist, Scientist, Senior Scientist (m/f/d) – Formulation and characterization of virus-based ATMPs
Coriolis Pharma is a globally operating independent service provider for formulation research and development of for a large variety of different (bio)pharmaceutical molecules, including proteins, peptides, nucleic acids, advanced medicinal therapeutics (ATMPs), genetically modified organisms (GMOs), vaccines and virus(-like) particles. An interdisciplinary team of highly qualified scientists with many years of experience in the development of (bio)pharmaceuticals supported by an expert scientific advisory board provides cutting-edge service and know-how related to the formulation development of biopharmaceuticals.
At our company, we pursue one goal every day: the advancement of medicines to cure people. Our expanding company currently employs about 140 people at two sites.
For our Team in Munich we are currently looking for
- Execute customer projects in the field of formulation and characterization for virus-based advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs), including liquid and freeze-dried formulation studies, stability studies and stress testing of virus formulations
- Plan the projects, coordinate project teams consisting of scientific experts, plan and execute experimental work (including implementation of new analytical methods), report the data, and communicate within the project team and to the client
- Establish protocols and perform analytical characterization of viruses, viral vectors and vaccines from nanometer to the visible size range by using cutting edge technology, e.g. dynamic light scattering (DLS), transmission electron microscopy (TEM), micro-flow imaging (MFI), nanoparticle tracking analysis (NTA), analytical ultracentrifugation (AUC), chromatography, FFF-MALS, and other methods
- Establish protocols and perform cell-based assays to quantify biological activity of viruses (e.g. TCID50, plaque assay)
- Establish protocols and perform Real-time PCR (qPCR) assays to quantify physical virus titers
- Be a trendsetter, drive innovation and further strengthen our analytical expertise with focus on virus formulations
- PhD degree in Life Sciences (virology, biotechnology, pharmacy, pharmaceutical sciences, (bio)chemistry, immunology, or related field)
- Strong background and profound knowledge in virology, and/or the field of ATMPs, and/or work with viruses, viral vectors and vaccines are mandatory
- Experience in working under biosafety level 2 (BSL2); Qualification as Project Leader for Genetic Engineering Safety according to §15 GenTSV
- Experience in the areas of in particle characterization and/or handling of cells and/or pharmaceutical formulation development is advantageous
- High interest in scientific work on a pharmaceutically relevant topic performed in a collaborative setting
- Ability for critical thinking and implementation of scientific ideas into practice
- Open for new ideas and tasks, high willingness to learn - hands on mentality
- Team player with strong motivation, inter-personal skills and excellent communication abilities
What we offer you
As a (Junior/Senior) Scientist, you will join a highly motivated, interdisciplinary team performing contract research and development for customers from the (bio)pharmaceutical industry worldwide.
We offer you diversified and challenging areas of responsibilities in our innovative company. We actively support your personal development and the realization of your own ideas, i.e. specialization on management or scientific tasks. Beyond that Coriolis offers a variety of benefits and team activities to its employees.
Coriolis Pharma is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, gender, color, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, marital status or age. We value diversity at our company!
Due to the current events concerning COVID-19, Coriolis Pharma has implemented different measures to ensure the health and safety of our employees (Air filter in every office, free masks and disinfectants, flexible use of home office).
Please, visit our website www.coriolis-pharma.com for further information.
Beschreiben Sie den Prozess wie dieser nach der Bewerbung weitergeht. Gibt es etwa ein Telefoninterview oder einen umfangreichen Prozess.